Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cherry on Top

CaramelCutie0215 of Style and Everything In-Between tagged me with the Cherry on Top Award a few days ago, and I've only just now been able to clear enough off my list to stop and acknowledge that and thank her properly. So, thank you, CaramelCutie! It's always nice to know that what I'm doing here is appreciated!

Cherry on Top Badge

The instructions:

1.Thank the person who gave this award to you.
2.Copy the award and put it on your blog.

Done and done.

3.List 3 things which you love about your self.

This is harder than the first two steps; I had to replace "love" with "like" to get past my inner critic, but that's a discussion for another venue. Here goes:

—I'm creative.
—I'm self-reliant.
—I have cute feet. Maybe someday I'll start a pedi of the week blog.

4.Post a picture you love.

Baby R

This is not the best composed or focused or lit picture, but I love looking at it; it's my first grand-niece, here just one day shy of four months old.

5.Tag 5 people you wish to pass this award on to.

I'm going to tag 6, because I realized I tagged one less than I intended when I got a previous award.

Jackie of Candy Coated Tips
She does great swatches: in different lights, from different angles, often with layering and comparisons included. She's also super nice; we did a swap a little while ago that was pleasant as could be.

Lisa aka Schmut of Rugby Beauty
She doesn't just take pictures for her blog, she creates wonderful compositions with eye catching angles and interesting props that I just love looking at.

KrisInPhilly of My Lucid Bubble
Kris features a wide variety of brands and shows them off in photos that let me really see what the polishes look like. She's my go to source for greens; if I'm curious about a particular green polish, I check her archives first. I also had the good fortune to catch her grab bag sale before all the lots were gone and got the most amazing box from her, full of brands I'd never tried and colors I didn't have.

jaljen of nailpolishuk
I love her sense of humor that comes across in her entries. She showcases a great variety of colors and often includes bonuses like dogs and birds and shoes, and I like those just as much as the polish pictures.

xtinaaj of Polishious
A new blog that's off to a great start, with clear pictures and neat manis and a variety of colors and brands.

Jen of The Polish-aholic
Pretty much every time she posts, I either have the polish already or really, really want it. I love the nail art she does, too.

7 comments:

  1. Your niece is adorable! Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen! Cute baby.

    Now, bird feeders. Ours are mostly Yankee ones. US-made. The squirrels can't destroy them but they do feed from them. However my OH hates squirrels - grey squirrels here are a pest and passed on terrible diseases to the native red squirrel which is now very rare - and shoots them dead with an air rifle. They are classed as vermin and it's legal to do so. They don't bother me at all though. My policy is to put out plenty of food for all. It's an area of disagreement between us.

    Hey ho.
    We get plenty of birds and squirrels. Hey, rats nest in the compost bin. That's life. Sparrowhawks eat small birds. That's life too. Live and let live.

    A very shy thanks for the award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO much for the award Karen! You totally made my day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've awarded you the stylish blogger award :)

    http://amusedpolish.blogspot.com/2010/06/giveaway-and-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, thank you!
    It's nice to see that people actually like my stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tes, please! Show your pedi! (I'm not a fanatic of pedi, but I like to see others' ones, I'm not good at all!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your welcome..I really do love your blog and all the different swatches that you do! =) Btw..your niece is soooo cute and adorable!..can I borrow her?? lol j/k

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.