Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Smattering of Displays

It seems to be a slack time for new displays, but I have seen a few things in the several weeks since my last display post and thought I'd go ahead and share them rather than wait for more spring things to show up (I know it's nowhere near spring in real life, but retail has its own calendar).

First up, here's a standalone display with the Go Overboard collection from Essie which I spotted at Walgreens; I'd previously only seen those polishes on an end at Target which combined them with Luxeffects. This has the three Go Overboard shades mixed in with the re-promotes from previous collections which were also on that end at Target. Left to right: Play Date (new), Smokin' Hot (reissue), Sand Tropez (reissue), Go Overboard (new), Armed and Ready (new), Meet Me at Sunset (reissue). This also had two-packs of minis in colors other than the ones in the full size bottles, which seemed sort of random. I haven't bought any of the new ones yet. I probably will get Armed and Ready soon, but I'm not sure about the other two; they are Karen colors, but I'm not convinced they're different enough from the ones I already own.



You may recall the heartbreak of the empty LA Girl glitter display from the last round—I was more fortunate at at different Rite Aid and found a mostly full one. In an impressive display of self control, I only grabbed three of these. So far, I suppose I should add.



Rite Aid also had a Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast relaunch display which was different than the ones I'd seen at Meijer. I am not sure what they mean by the "30% more formula" blurb on here—the bottles hold 30% more, maybe? Colors here, left to right: Sugar Coat, Undercover, Wet Cement, I Need a Refresh-Mint, On a Trip,Through the Grapevine, Candy-licious, I Red a Good Book, and Disturbia.



At CVS, I saw what I think is the permanent display for the new Spoiled line; it was sturdier than the cardboard one which was my first exposure to the brand and it had more slots. It did not have very many polishes in it; I expect they were in the process of stocking it when I happened by, so I'll have to check back soon.



A different CVS (there are about a half dozen I regularly check since they have conveniently located them all along my route to and from work) had a Revlon ColorStay configuration I hadn't seen before: a tall tower with curved shelves.



Ulta had the OPI Nicki Minaj collection. The only thing I know about Nicki Minaj is what I learned from part of a special on MTV that I happened across when channel surfing one night, in which she left a photo shoot because they didn't have a lavish enough spread of snacks and didn't want it to be okay for people to treat her that way. So maybe she's a diva, I don't know. I do know I want some of these polishes. I am going to try and resist the cremes: Pink Friday (if that had been a holo, oh yes, it would be mine), Did It On 'Em (lime), or Fly (turquoise). I have definite plans to get the others as soon as I find them at less than regular retail: Metallic 4 Life (charcoal with silver glitter), Save Me (silver/multi glitter), and Super Bass Shatter (purple-y wine crack).



The Zoya Feel collection was also at Ulta. Six cremes here: Kristen (greyed blue), Carey (blued grey), Megan (lilac-y grey), Kendall (greyed rose), Kennedy (muted pink), and Avery (muted peach). I already got Kristen and Carey direct from Zoya (cremes, I know, but so pretty, and at least I didn't get all six).



Lastly, Meijer had re-done their Milani core display and appeared to have all the new glitters. The confusing thing was the slot for the new red Jewel FX was occupied by what looked like a new version of the One Coat Glitter Red Sparkle. Version 2 is red with gold accents, rather than all red like the original Red Sparkle. So I still haven't seen the new Red Jewel FX in person; I know it's out there, so I'll have to keep looking. Top row, left to right: Gems, Silver, Gold, Fuchsia (new), Lavender (new), Teal (new), Hot Pink (new), Red Sparkle v. 2(should be new Jewel FX but is not). Bottom row: Silver Dazzle, Gold Glitz, Red Sparkle, Purple Gleam, Blue Flash, Twinkle (new), Lavender Fizz (new), Pink Flare (new).



Besides the Red Jewel FX, I can't think of anything I'm waiting to see right now besides OPI Holland, but I'm sure things will pop up and surprise me. That's the fun of it!

19 comments:

  1. I get so excited/jealous when I see these posts. It's my dream to walk into a store and see such an amazing array of nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wet 'n' Wild MegaLasts look so pretty! I'm loving the I Need a Refresh-Mint and Through the Grapevine. The several stores I go to never have this new stuff out. I've had colors on my list that you showed several months ago and I still haven't seen them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, look at those Milanis! Love your display posts!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy these posts! When I saw a LA glitter display at a Rite Aid near me, I was so excited! Luckily I managed to resist all but one. Wish they had Uninhibited, the black glitter, in the display!

    I love the new Nicki Minaj collection! She seems like a diva to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the ones i really want are red jewel fx and the lavender.. i hope i find them soon! I have been checking everywhere since I got the email about the new releases!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! i must tell u tht i get overly excited everytime i see ur display posts! Thank u thank u for another awesome post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so need those Milani polishes in my life! And holy jeez, that Spoiled display is so bare! I haven't seen one here yet, hopefully soon. (and hopefully with some more polishes left than this one!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I can't find the Milani One Coat Glitters aaanywhere around here, and I've been dying for Lavender Twinkle. Jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I applaud your restraint in not going polish purchase crazy when you see all these displays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this type of post. Thank you for continuously feeding my retail addiction. New pre-packs/displays are very exciting to me. Looking forward to seeing the new Milani's in store.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing display shots, especially since I don't get to see the actual displays. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome display pics! You make me want to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I want to go to the US and fill my bags with polish LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, is that a paradise?! I wish we could have such places here in Italy too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you make me drool every time you post something like this ;-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.