Monday, March 5, 2012

Recent NOTD: Sally Hansen Are You Single?

Last week I was once again skiing at Schweitzer Mountain in Idaho. For most of the time I was there, my nails were clothed in one of the limited edition Valentine designs of Sally Hansen Salon Effects strips called Are You Single? (Yes, the name has a question mark at the end, and yes, that annoys me.) I put these on while I was away and took them off before I came back and didn't manage to get any really good photos of them in between. Here's the best shot I did get, after some tipwear had already happened. That nice big gap at the base of my ring finger is due to my using one strip for two nails and that strip not being quite long enough to cover both nails fully (I guess the last time I was so frugal my nails were shorter).



The scenery was much more photogenic than my nails; here's a view of Lake Pend Oreille through the snow-covered trees on the ski hill.



Now I'm back at home and back to work, trying to catch up with real life once again. I'm not sure I'll know what to do with myself if I ever really get caught up.

13 comments:

  1. I never tried strips, but maybe some day I will, I love the process of decorating and planning nail art. But on a trip I can see the advantages :)
    What a lovely scenery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parlez Vous OPI? annoys me too, it makes sentences look all wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a gorgeous view!! The Sally Hansen strips look great! I've still yet to try the one a friend got me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The view is so beautiful! I've never been skiing, I'm really jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that design. I am still tempted to buy the valentines day designs but they won't go on clearance lol. I LOVE that picture, GORGEOUS scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the pattern look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this pattern is awesome!!
    Such a beautiful view!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! That view is spectacular! I don't think I'd ever leave if I went there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS you'll be happy to know I have made it my mission to rid the world of the word verification system. Every blog I come across with it-I leave a comment to get rid of it-nicely of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers, I am happy to know this. I've been following your example (when I can decipher the words to comment, of course).

      Delete
  10. Amazing photo- love the snowy trees, so pretty.

    And I like the nail strips. When I first tried them I didn't think they would stay on so well, but they really do! A good choice for a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the design on the strips is pretty! Even with the name lol that pic is so beautiful what a nice getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your vacation was the opposite of mine, weather and scenery-wise. But SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.