Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wheels F5 & G5: Blue Shimmers

I've got two wheels of blue shimmers for this episode of Nail Wheel Wednesday. It doesn't entirely make up for not posting anything at all here yesterday but it's something.



1. Petites Color Fever Electric Indigo (4 coats)
2. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Sturdy Sapphire (4)
3. Sally Hansen HD Hi-Definition BLU (3)
4. China Glaze Frostbite (3)
5. China Glaze Eyes Like Sapphires (2) [really needs topcoat]
6. Revlon Princess (2) [could have gone a metallic/foil wheel, too]
7. Zoya Marina (2) [usually when I see a polish I remember why I wanted it in my stash; this one, I'm not sure]
8. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Deep Blue Sea (2) [love this one]
9. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Exquisite Frost (3)
10. Maybelline Express Finish Jean Jacket (3)
11. Rescue Beauty Lounge Catherine H. (2) [seeing right next to the Maybelline, they look like siblings; the RBL is more complex but the Maybelline hits the same color/shimmer notes]
12. Maybelline Express Finish Boot Leg (2)
13. Nicole by OPI It's Not Me It's Blue (3) [it's gorgeous color like this that make me buy Nicole by OPI despite my dislike of their bottle shape]
14. Nicole by OPI No Limits Matte (2)
15. OPI Ink Suede (2) [basically No Limits with added shimmer]
16. Orly Witch's Blue (2)
17. Wet 'n' Wild Fantasy Makers Metallic Blue (2)
18. CHI Late Night Dinner in Soho (2)
19. Illamasqua Eclipse (2)
20. Deborah Lippmann Hit Me With Your Best Shot (3)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


16 through 20:





















1. Essence You Rock Speed of Light Blue (3 coats) [I swear there's shimmer in here somewhere]
2. Nature Republic unknown (3)
3. Chanel Coco Blue (3)
4. Maybelline Salon Finish Pacific Pulse (3)
5. Pixy Stix Maui Punch (3)
6. Laffy Taffy Wild Blue Raspberry (3)
7. Bubble Yum Cotton Candy (3) [this one & the previous two are surprisingly pretty for novelty polishes, but the formula gave me fits—very clumpy]
8. Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shine Nerds Need Love Too (3)
9. OPI Greece Just Blue Me Away (5) [pretty, but definitely needs to be layered or worn sheer; 5 coats is too many of one thing]
10. NYX Girls Indigo Blue (3)
11. Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine unknown (3) [99% sure this is Flash]
12. Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine Flash (3)
13. Revlon Mint Fizz (3) [okay, so I'd expect a mint fizz to be green, but this is so interesting to look at I forgive them for the name]
14. Orly Sweet Peacock (2)
15. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Ace Frost (4)
16. Milani Breezy (3)
17. Milani High Speed Fast Dry Instantaneous Blue (2) [I don't think this is in the core line; too bad]
18. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Ocean View (2)
19. OPI Swimsuit Nailed It (2)
20. Nailstation 39 (3) [I would buy so many from this brand if it were available here]

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


16 through 20:



















10 comments:

  1. So pretty!!! I especially like #14 and #15 from the first wheel. Matte blue is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are quite possibly my favorite nail wheels. I LOVE all the blues. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're right about #11 on the 2nd wheel being Flash 04. If your bottle still has the back label, the Lacquer Shine polish name is at the top in really tiny print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inky, thanks for the tip, I will have to do some investigation--and maybe get out a magnifying glass, as I don't do well with really tiny print. :)

      Delete
  4. Always happy to see that I already own the ones that call to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo many pretty blue shimmers,I love those...
    Of the darker ones it's 14 + 19 I think...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OPI Swimsuit Nailed It is one of my all-time favourites! Thanks for sharing your nail wheels with us!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue is my favourite color <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. opi ink suede <3
    but i love all blue polishes :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. sigh so many beauties. My blues-lover friend would love this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.