Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Seche Gracious and Kind Collection for Holiday 2013

Since I did the FingerPaints holiday collection yesterday, I figured I'd continue the theme and share swatches of the Seche holiday colors today. Six shades here: Warm Hearted, Sparkle Click Kiss, Gracious & Kind, Nostalgic, Collected Moments, and All Lit Up.



Warm Hearted is a darkish red creme, and quite honestly I was not excited about swatching a plain red creme, so I used it as an accent nail with the flashiest shade in the collection, Sparkle Clink Kiss, which has various sizes of red hex glitter in a shimmery metallic gold base. I used two coats of Warm Hearted and three of Sparkle Clink Kiss. I left off topcoat; Sparkle Click Kiss does have a texture to it when worn that way, though with the glitter being large and not especially dense, it's more of a chunky type of texture as compared to the finer grained Zoya Pixie Dust style texture.







The hint of visible nail line under Sparkle Click Kiss showing in some of these photos wasn't that prominent in real life, but it does make me wonder how it would look over a colored base. I wish that would have occurred to me when I was swatching, as I likely won't remember to try it out anytime soon, what with all the other pretties waiting for my attention.

The other four polishes all looked to have a similar metallic shimmer finish in the bottle, so I wore them as Skittles. Left to right below: Collected Moments, Nostalgic, Gracious & Kind, and All Lit Up; all two coats, no topcoat.





Collected Moments is a cooler, more silvery gold than the base color of Sparkle Clink Kiss. Nostalgic is a rich purple, so of course it's my favorite of this quartet. Gracious & Kind and All Lit Up are both berry reds, with Gracious & Kind being lighter and All Lit Up darker. I thought all of these would benefit from topcoat, so I added some; it definitely made for a smoother surface and brought out the sparkles in the shimmer as shown below.



I think three reds in a six shade collection is too many; I'd cut out the darker shimmer and probably the creme, too. I'm also not sold on two golds in a group of six, but if it were silver, my preferred metal, maybe I'd feel differently. Maybe the gold shimmer was intended to be a base for the gold/red glitter. Wish I'd thought to try that, too.

12 comments:

  1. They are beautiful, but I agree 3 reds of 6 is too many - likewise with the gold...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really pretty, and I love Warm Hearted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. huh Sparkle Clink Kiss is kind of interesting. The rest are pretty. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the skittle colours; can pass on the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What?! I didn't even know Seche Vite had actual polish colors. This is going to be dangerous for my wallet. Merry Christmas to meeee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they look cool. I like Nostalgic, Gracious & Kind, and All Lit Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow warm hearted is gorgeous!!!
    Kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving this new Seche polish- the one coatedness means I can stamp with them and that makes me happy and for around $4 they are a nice price as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are really nice!!! Where do you buy these?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful polishes, but I agree with you about the collection having too many reds

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.