Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wheels D7 and E7: So Many Silvers

Today's theme on Nail Wheel Wednesday is silver, from pale shimmers through chrome finishes to dark tarnished shades (for the purposes of today's wheels, the color grey will be considered "tarnished silver").



1. Sally Hansen Salon unlabelled mini (2 coats)
2. Sally Hansen Salon unlabelled mini (3) [very delicate, with microglitter floating on top of a traditional shimmer base]
3. Claire's unlabelled rose bottle (3)
4. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear unlabelled mini (3)
5. Sally Hansen French Manicure unlabelled mini (2)
6. Sephora by OPI Social Climber (3)
7. L'Oreal Jet Set Star (2) [satin finish; the darker shimmer particles give this an interesting speckled look up close]
8. Sally Hansen Teflon Tuff Bliss Frost (3) [I don't associate "bliss" with grey but I guess someone at Sally Hansen did]
9. Ulta Professional Quick Silver (2)
10. Ulta Professional Gray Couture (2)
11. Wet 'n' Wild The Nail Zone Magnifique (4) [one of those types of polishes that seems to have gotten thinner with age rather than drying out and getting thicker]
12. H & M You Rock My World (2) [actually a very shy holo]
13. George Nightmare (2) [pretty subdued for a nightmare; this is the only George brand polish I've got in my stash]
14. CHI Wish Upon a Mercury Shooting Star (3) [wonder if CHI makes polish anymore; I only ever saw it at Ulta and they haven't had any in a long time]
15. Sally Hansen Insta Dri Presto Pewter (1)
16. Wet 'n' Wild Chrome Steal the Spotlight (3) [so pretty with the tiny gold flakies floating on the silver]
17. Revlon Bolt (3) [the taupe side of silver; Revlon can do some interesting things when they want to]
18. Ulta Bare Minimum (3)
19. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Pedal to the Metal (3)
20. L'Oreal Valiant (2) [love the tiny sparkles in this one]

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


16 through 20:


















This second wheel is more tightly focused on what I'd consider "true" silvers, but even so there's some variation and oddballs included.



1. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Silver Lining (3) [pretty blue and pink shimmer in this]
2. Nicole by OPI Positive Energy Matte (2) [reminds me of the OPI Suedes, though I don't think any of those were so light]
3. Nails Inc. Kingly Street (3) [so sparkly; probably belongs on a glitter wheel]
4. Borghese Chroma (2)
5. Studio M Sleigh Bells (2)
6. China Glaze Millenium (2)
7. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Celeb City (2)
8. Joe Fresh Tin (1)
9. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pewter (2)
10. Sally Girl unlabelled (3)
11. Nicole by OPI Give Me the 1st Dance (2)
12. Esssece Eclipse Hide Bella Hide (3)
13. Borghese Celestiale Silver (3) [the "white gold" kind of silver]
14. Revlon Street Wear Liquid Foil (2)
15. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Spanglemaker (2) [almost a one-coater]
16. OPI Your Royal Shine-ness (2) [gold in this one makes it special; the gold is more subtle than in the #16 on the other wheel]
17. Revlon ColorStay Sequin (1) [black undertone sets this apart]
18. Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Makeup White Gold (2)
19. Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Makeup Pure Chrome (2)
20. Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Makeup Black Pearl (2) [barely darker than the Pure Chrome, so not sure where they got the "black" idea for this name]

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


16 through 20:


















Even I can see that this is too many silvers for one stash. Still, I look at these wheels and can come up with at least a couple dozen categories in which I need to keep at least one example, so how much silver I'll hang onto when the great destash happens is debateable.










7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Some lovely colours here <3 I love seeing all the bottles together as well. :-)

    I do like a good silver :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have so many silver polishes! The more the merrier, I guess :) It's always so hard to let go of a polish, even if it is basically the same as another polish you own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, you do have a lot of silvers, and many pretty ones. Of the classics there are quite a few dupes - but we need them all to be able to show them on the log - that's at least my excuse when I think i have waaay to many in one color :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! nice silvers ! i have 1 or maybe 3 in my collection ... but what i really want is one nice very opaque silver, so i dont have to put 20 layers of nail polish to achieve the color im aiming for :)

    http://villemo20.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love silver, so each of these polishes are great in my book :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.