Friday, June 10, 2016

Wet 'n' Wild Lost in the Wild Flowers

My planned order of posts got all mixed up with the car crash confusion, so today I have swatches of the four Wet 'n' Wild Megalast colors form the Lost in the Wild Flowers display, which I intended to post before I showed them as base colors for the MILV decals.



Poppy Culture, Leaf Me Be, Wild Wild Violet, Cherry Blossom on Top.

I started with the purple, Wild Wild Violet. This is a red violet creme, opaque in two coats. It's shiny without topcoat, too. The drawback is I found it a bit stainy upon removal; be sure to use a nice thick base under this one. I was able to scrub away the remaining color, but I really prefer not to have to do that (and did not have to with the other shades in this quartet).



Cherry Blossom on Top is a rosy medium pink creme. This was also a two-coater.



Poppy Culture, a red-leaning orange creme, had a thinner formula than the first two. I used three coats, experienced some cuticle flooding, and noticed a hint of phantom dirt line when it was all done.



Which brings us to Leaf Me Be, a yellow green that's sheer enough I'm going to call it a crelly (and could probably be talked into it qualifying as a jelly). I did three coats for my swatch, leaving me with definite visible nail line.



Due to the relative sheerness of the orange and green, I tried them over a white base. Top to bottom: Poppy Culture (2 thick coats), one coat of Poppy Culture over white base, Leaf Me Be (three coats), and two coats of Leaf Me Be over a white base.



My favorite of these is Leaf Me Be, as it seems the least like polishes already in my stash, but they're all nice colors for summer, and I'm glad Wet 'n' Wild is putting out new stuff.

2 comments:

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.